The Virtual Makery
Links to STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) resources, organized by topic. Kidzu has curated several STEAM resources (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics). See below for more details!
Interested in lesson plans, activities, and more? Check out our Educator Resources page.
- How to Smile: a collection of at-home activities from dozens of museums
- The Kids Should See This: a curated, ad-free collections of kids’ videos on popular topics
- Wonderopolis: videos answering the question, “I wonder…?”
- Looking for a science project idea? Science Buddies has you covered with an extensive list of projects
- Exploratorium: educational websites, activities, and more
AI (artificial intelligence) is everywhere. It lives in our cars (self parking), our homes (Alexa), and our pockets (smart phones). Harness some of that technology with these suggested links for creative fun and learning with AI!
- Emoji Scavenger Hunt: Identify emojis in the real world using your phone’s camera
- Semi-conductor: Conduct an orchestra! Your computer camera translates movement into direction for a virtual orchestra
- Freddiemeter: Like karaoke? Like Queen? If you said yes, then this one’s for you – sing along with Freddie Mercury and get a rating. It’s fun (and challenging) for the whole family
- Quick, Draw: Teach a neural network to recognize doodling
- Just for fun: Channel your inner “Pollock” and have fun creating your own masterpiece without the mess!
- The Artificial Intelligence (AI) for K-12 Initiative: An online, resource directory to facilitate AI instruction